Thursday 16 February 2012

Week 5 - Thursday 16 February

I got stuff all mixed up this morning. I thought my training sessions were this afternoon, in fact they were this morning. I thought that Jamie Gillentine was in today, in fact its next week! The extremely helpful Jes, who runs the PW schedules, quickly re-arranged to get me half an hour with David, and an hour each with Genny and Bri.  

I was a bit sluggish in the session with David - fuzzy head and a tired body - but had good breakthroughs with Genny, seeing big improvements in my forward jumps (much more even between left and right, better landing on the balls of my feet) and split jumping on the trampoline (which as Genny said I simply could not do when I first got to PW). 

If you've seen Jamie's video you'll know Bri was his lead trainer, and it was great to get the chance to work with her today and tackle lots of new exercises for core and pelvic stability and hamstring strengthening. One of the goals I set last week was to be able to pick up Max and Amy. We tried to persuade one of the smaller aides to let me try carrying her, but she was having none of it, so instead Bri had me shuttling around carrying a kettle ball  - a good start, but the ball is lighter and a lot less wiggly!

Bri reckons I'm ready to try a yoga class, so is looking for somewhere she might take me over the weekend. Genny reckons I'm ready to have a go at driving, and has offered to let me have a go in her car on a car park next Monday! They are wonderful people, these trainers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,Paul,
    lovely to see you last night,Julie and Joshua enjoyed speaking to you they think that you are looking good.
    We read this morning that Bri has arranged yoga classes for you and Genny is taking you driving ,just make sure the car park is empty.
    Every thing seems to be coming together so well now you must be delighted I know that we are.You will have to set up a mini gym in the garden when you return home.
    We can't wait to speak to you to hear how is has all gone.
    Love Mum and Dad

    ReplyDelete